Call for post-doctoral application - Gerda Henkel Stiftung
As part of the partnership between the Gerda Henkel Stiftung and the Collège d’études mondiales, two post-doctoral grants will be awarded, for a period of 12 months, to two young researchers living outside of France.
The Collège d’études mondiales is a center of exchange and reflexion for researchers in the Social Sciences and Humanities. The institution faces head-on the methodological, epistemological and conceptual changes demanded of those who interpret contemporary phenomena.
These post-doctoral researchers will be received by one of the Chairs or one of the research initiatives at the Collège d’études mondiales in Paris:http://www.college-etudesmondiales.org
Candidates’ research projects must be devoted to one of the following two research areas:
“Social progress and global justice”
Relevant disciplines: philosophy, political science, economics, sociology, anthropology, history or philosophy of law, history or philosophy of economics.
"Remapping space in the global era"
Relevant disciplines: philosophy, political science, sociology, anthropology, history, history or philosophy of Arts, Aesthetics.
This post-doctoral grant is worth 2,000€ per month. Travel expenses from home countries to Paris will be taken care of by the institution. The post-doctoral researchers are responsible for the costs of medical insurance.
Qualifications for admission:
The admissions process for candidates will focus on the quality of their scientific backgrounds as well as their post-doctoral projects and their integration into the research conducted at the Collège d’études mondiales.
The conditions for eligibility are the following:
- Candidates must hold a PhD by the date that applications are due, having presented a thesis.
- Candidates must have lived in France for less than twelve months in the last three years.
- Candidates may submit their applications only within the first six years after the presentation of their theses.
- Candidates should be fluent in French.
The application should include (in English or French):
- Doctorate degree (PhD).
- Candidate’s Curriculum Vitae and publications.
- A research project with a bibliography of main works cited (project + bibliography no more than 5 pages).
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- 1 Welcome letter from one of the Chairholders or associated researchers at the Collège d’études mondiales
Without exception, applications must be submitted via email before May 30th 2016 to the scientific coordination at the Collège d’études mondiales: